SpeakUpCNU

Thanks for stopping by! This is a space for students at Christopher Newport University to share concerns and engage in discussion. This site is run by CNU Student Government Association as a way to connect students to delegates who can help them realize change. Use your votes to bump up the ideas that you’re passionate about!

Posting can be done anonymously or from an account that you can create, and they can be about almost anything. Posts or comments that egregiously break these rules may be deleted. If you have any questions about SpeakUpCNU that are not student concerns, please contact sga@cnu.edu.

SpeakUpCNU

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If you were to build a dining hall on east campus I believe more students would purchase dining plans and also if there were to be a second floor hang out area such as the crows nest or a east campus "starbucks" it could facilitate a growing community for upper class students who may otherwise withdraw from involvement.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dining & Food  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have worked as a Barista before and those who work at Einstein's are horrible. They are rude, slow, and do not know how to make a majority of their own menus drinks. I literally heard them say that they just "bs whenever they get that order." Additionally, their coffee and expresso is burnt and left sitting there all day and completely overpowers whatever else is in the cup. All the lattes taste the same. All the baked goods are tough, and undercooked. As well as the food. When the staffers are on their shift they talk to each other…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Not many people eat every meal in the dining halls. And its not fair that RA's have to have the 19 meal plan with no dining dollars. All of the 10, 14, and 19 meal plans cost the same so why do RA's have to have the 19?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dining & Food  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Commons needs to have the big buffalo sauce dispensers like Regattas. This buffalo sauce inequality is a travesty.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need to name a study area, reading room or waffle station after the amazing Miss Virginia. The sweet lady who make everyone delicious omelets in the morning. If you don’t know who this is or disagree please drop out now…..

More about the special lady herself: https://blogs.cnu.edu/2013/11/miss-virginias-omelets/

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There's no readily available information about the dining hall's nutrition in their meals.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Instead of creating plans for swipes per meal per day, allow three swipes per person per day and at the end of the semester or year, charge student for what they used.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We think that the Chick-Fil-a Express on campus in the DSU should definitely serve sweet tea like a normal Chick-fil-a. CNU is seriously lacking in good sweet tea and it is upsetting that we have to go off campus to get some quality sweet tea.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for sharing your idea with us! We value your concerns and appreciate your efforts in sharing them with us. We are currently reviewing your post, and if determined appropriate, will assign your issue to the appropriate committee. We will provide updates on our progress through responses to your original post. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at studentassembly@cnu.edu.

9. Eating the same food is getting boring! I think opening another coffee shop and some more side restaurants. Schools like JMU and Tech set up carts all over campus that sell food and accept Dining Dollars.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sometimes I really love the way they cooked a meal a certain way on a particular day or certain item I'd love to see more of and I'd love to be able to express that to the dining hall staff.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. the day I get to have a buff chick wrap with vegan chicken will be the day I feel like I really am a CNU student. More transparency on ingredients in foods would also be helpful. I've definitely got food in the dining halls and it secretly had meat in it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why don't we have normal to go cups in the dining halls????? If you want to get a drink to go from either of the dining halls then you have to use a coffee cup!!! We have to go boxes, why don't we have to go cups....?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for expressing your idea to us. We value your concerns and appreciate your efforts in sharing them with us. We are currently reviewing your post, and if determined appropriate, will assign your issue to the appropriate committee. We will provide updates on our progress through responses to your original post. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at studentassembly@cnu.edu.

13. We need more variety of options to use dining dollars. For example, a smoothie bar or salad place!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If there were 4 industrial blenders in regs where the new salad bar is, we could have smoothies or milkshakes. I feel like this would be a good way to use the unwanted bananas and other fruit.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It'd be way more convenient to know what my options are without having to awkwardly walk up to the menu. Plus it's super easy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for expressing your idea to us. We value your concerns and appreciate your efforts in sharing them with us. We are currently reviewing your post, and if determined appropriate, will assign your issue to the appropriate committee. We will provide updates on our progress through responses to your original post. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at studentassembly@cnu.edu.

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?