SpeakUpCNU

Thanks for stopping by! This is a space for students at Christopher Newport University to share concerns and engage in discussion. This site is run by CNU Student Government Association as a way to connect students to delegates who can help them realize change. Use your votes to bump up the ideas that you’re passionate about!

Posting can be done anonymously or from an account that you can create, and they can be about almost anything. Posts or comments that egregiously break these rules may be deleted. If you have any questions about SpeakUpCNU that are not student concerns, please contact sga@cnu.edu.

SpeakUpCNU

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As the school expands 2-4 benches for bench press simply isn’t enough. More squat racks would be needed as well. (Especially with covid we only have access to two benches for 6000 kids)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Athletic Affairs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CNU should consider giving college credits for IB SL courses. I know many students here who didn't get any college credit for courses just because they were SL. Most other colleges count SL credits- so why not CNU? I'm sure that it dissuades many students from going to CNU.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. London City Airport Taxi Transfers. Book London City Airport taxi transfers. AtoB Airport Taxi meet you at the London City Airport and drive anywhere in London
    https://atobtransfer.com/london-uk/london-city-airport-taxi-transfer/
    https://www.facebook.com/transferservicebrussels/
    https://twitter.com/AtoB_transfer_

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I think CNU should invest in a Multicultural Center or stand alone Office dedicated to Diversity & Inclusion. White Culture is well represented on campus by clubs, Greek life, and the student body. Marginalized groups need a space where we can foster a sense of unity within our distinct communities. 1 Administrator, 1 student org, a minority panel with no leaders from our communities, and a few Greek orgs is not enough. I’d also like to see our historically African-American Greek Organizations get spaces dedicated to their organization much like the Greek lawn but instead with plots.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Homecoming Week needs a big upgrade. Most other schools have concerts and activities that make alumni excited to comeback! Ideas: Concert, water balloon fight on the great lawn, a tailgate that goes into the evening with DJ’s and food in the Luter Lot, Activity Hour during the lunch hour, Wild’n Out or some other type of game show re-enactment, Date Auction, an NPHC step show! Y’all get where I’m coming from!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I understand that the school works very hard to put us in learning communities that will enhance our freshman year experience, HOWEVER, by doing so, they are making freshman students wait until only a week before move in to find out who their roommate is/what dorm they'll be living in.

Not to mention that we don't know when our move- in days are- so any families that want to book a hotel (that CNU recommends they do!!) will only be able to book one week in advance!

The organization is one of the worst I've seen. And that is not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am an alum (c/o 2016), but seeing the recent trend of people posting their senior pictures/diplomas (in honor of c/o 2020) reminded me of something that puzzled me after graduating from CNU. It's really not a huge deal but it's something I've always wondered about. Why aren't our majors and minors printed on our degree certificates? They only say "Bachelor of Arts" or "Bachelor of Science", rather than specifying the area of study (Psychology, Communications, Business, Mathematics etc.). Like I said, I know it's something minor, but I've noticed other schools will print that information rather than something so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put a Mosque on Campus.
    There is a chapel on campus for Christians even though there is a church down the street, a FIFTEEN MINUTE walk to be exact. However, there if no mosque on campus, yet the closest one is a THREE HOUR walk. To have a chapel and not a mosque on campus is unfair and discriminatory. I have always felt excluded because there were churches on every other street and mosques every 30 miles so I, as well as other students, would greatly appreciate a mosque on campus. We would feel more at home and welcomed at…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. we seriously have to do something about the parking situation

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transportations and Parkings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I think we should look into updating the CNU navigator app. It takes forever to load for some people and it look very outdated and not aesthetically pleasing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. So far the CNU Navigator app has been down and all attempts to contact the app publisher have failed. Since PCSE students are heavily taught about the importance of open source programming, why not make the Navigator app open source so that students can work together to fix it and make it better. The last app store update for the app was 3 years ago. From a usability and security perspective this is outrageous.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The maker space concept will provide many students with the ability to have access to; metal working, wood working, rapid prototyping, electronics shops, and even ceramics/sculpting. All in a single place so that any idea a student envisions can be designed, revised, prototyped and tested. It will bring people together from many different backgrounds and majors to test their ideas and improve the quality of life on campus and in the Newport News area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Buildings and Grounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More communication between students and advisors to make sure students are in track and understand what they need to succeed. Too many of us are just confused all the time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We have numerous schools in our conference(s) that participate in varsity wrestling. However, we seem to be behind on idea. The Hampton Roads area hosts some of the biggest wrestling tournaments in the country. Furthermore, I believe that a team established at this university would bring more revenue and academic interest to those looking for something extra.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We need to name a study area, reading room or waffle station after the amazing Miss Virginia. The sweet lady who make everyone delicious omelets in the morning. If you don’t know who this is or disagree please drop out now…..

More about the special lady herself: https://blogs.cnu.edu/2013/11/miss-virginias-omelets/

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dining & Food  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. To Go boxes are compostable, but the packets of cutlery are all plastic, which takes centuries to biodegrade. Companies like Vegware produce things like forks, spoons, et cetera that are functionally identical to plastic ones, but are made from plant products and are biodegradable.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Instead of creating plans for swipes per meal per day, allow three swipes per person per day and at the end of the semester or year, charge student for what they used.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We think that the Chick-Fil-a Express on campus in the DSU should definitely serve sweet tea like a normal Chick-fil-a. CNU is seriously lacking in good sweet tea and it is upsetting that we have to go off campus to get some quality sweet tea.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for sharing your idea with us! We value your concerns and appreciate your efforts in sharing them with us. We are currently reviewing your post, and if determined appropriate, will assign your issue to the appropriate committee. We will provide updates on our progress through responses to your original post. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at studentassembly@cnu.edu.

20. If there were 4 industrial blenders in regs where the new salad bar is, we could have smoothies or milkshakes. I feel like this would be a good way to use the unwanted bananas and other fruit.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?