SpeakUpCNU

Thanks for stopping by! This is a space for students at Christopher Newport University to share concerns and engage in discussion. This site is run by CNU Student Assembly as a way to connect students to delegates who can help them realize change. Use your votes to bump up the ideas that you’re passionate about!

Posting can be done anonymously or from an account that you can create, and they can be about almost anything. Posts or comments that egregiously break these rules may be deleted. If you have any questions about SpeakUpCNU that are not student concerns, please contact studentassembly@cnu.edu.

Get your voice in, and we'll get the words out!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add bridges over the crosswalk from east campus to main campus

It's a pain to wait for the stop light, and as we know many students don't actually wait for the "walk" sign. So I think adding in pedestrian bridges over the crosswalk would be beneficial to everyone.

69 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Transportations and Parkings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • I think CNU needs more parking spaces.

I've had to park at Harris teeter or Panera so many times after work because of lack of parking, and lack of convenient parking. I'm not saying I'm too lazy to walk from the far Warwick lot to JR, I'm just saying I think its unfair that people who live in Warwick have 2 huge lots right next to them, and JR has one tiny one.

55 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Transportations and Parkings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Open parking for all students

All students should be allowed to park anywhere on east campus or main campus without being ticketed. The parking decals are too expensive to be charged for parking on main campus or east campus without the right color sticker. We should be able to park wherever we want.

40 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Transportations and Parkings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • East Campus Parking Garage

People driving in the middle of the lane or speeding through the tight corners are a real concern. Twice, because of drivers not slowing down during the curves, I have almost been hit. CNU should install reflective mirrors in the parking garage so drivers can see if other cars are approaching. Speed bumps would also discourage students from speeding down the ramps.

8 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transportations and Parkings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Cameras in the parking lot

As of today all we have for security are police that patrol campus and the blue boxes randomly placed around campus. It has recently come to my attention that there are no cameras in our parking lots. Not only for the parking lots on main campus, but the ones on east campus as well. Since the parking lots are on the outskirts of campus,this is a huge safety concern. Especially for a campus in a not so great area like newport news. We pay a lot of money to go to this school and safety should never be an issue.

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transportations and Parkings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Could we update the CNU app's map with a "show green fences" option?

I love this school, but even our seniors are sometimes baffled by these confounded contraptions. It wouldn't be hard to build a graphic overlay for the map, and I'm sure several of the comp. sci students would be happy to take it on.

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base